Closing is the final and likely most important stage of your homebuying journey. This checklist will help you prepare and learn what to expect so you can close with confidence.
Be a savvy homebuyer
- Prepare in advance. Your closing is when you legally commit to your mortgage loan. Know what to plan for so everything goes smoothly.
- Don’t rush. Make sure you’re getting what you expected.
- When in doubt, ask! Ask questions until you feel comfortable with every detail.
- Beware of mortgage closing scams. Protect your life savings by knowing what to look for and how to avoid it happening to you.
- Trust your gut. If something feels wrong, speak up and know that walking away may be better than signing a bad deal.
LInk to the complete CFPB mortgage closing checklist is here: https://blocksandlots.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/cfpb_buying-a-house_mortgage-closing_checklist.pdf